8 OCT 2019 - 16:19 CET
Texto de la convocatoria:
We would like to bring outstanding young leaders to represent Complutense University of Madrid at the Peace Summit of Emerging Leaders 2020. Additionally we would like to promote this incredible opportunity with your students and faculty members.
The priority application deadline is on the 31st of October 2019. If applications are sent in by then, they will receive the highest consideration during selection to be accepted to attend the Peace Summit. Our final application deadline is on the 20th of December 2019. Please note that registrations may close earlier if places are filled due to the limited seating available at the United Nations Conference Centre.
We would like to invite between 5 to 7 outstanding young student leaders to represent your prestigious institution of higher learning at the 2020 Peace Summit of Emerging Leaders at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok, Thailand from February 5 to 7, 2020.
“Education is, quite simply, peace building by another name.”
Kofi Annan, Seventh Secretary-General of the United Nations. Co-recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. Founder of Kofi Annan Foundation.
Who Are We?
The mission of Humanitarian Affairs is to empower young people and inspire youth who are passionate about positive social change. We aim to equip young emerging leaders with the right skills and tools to spark a generation of dynamic individuals paving the way for social change.
Humanitarian Affairs is affiliated to United Nations Global Compact, World Association of Non-Governmental Organization, International Association for Voluntary Efforts and the World Alliance for Citizens Participation.
The 2020 Peace Summit
Humanitarian Affairs Asia is organising the 2nd Peace Summit of Emerging Leaders. The summit aims to gather young leaders from different parts of the world to give them a new perspective and a broader understanding on peace building.
The summit features keynote speakers, networking sessions and interactive workshops to prepare and empower young leaders to be a champion of peace.
The summit aims to:
- Encourage delegates to creatively think about practical ways to affect positive change within their communities through social projects.
- Promote peace and non-violence as a form of effective diplomacy among emerging global leaders.
- Encourage delegates to think about social issues that the global community faces today, and to apply critical thinking skills on solutions to these challenges.
- Provide access to unique educational opportunities in which delegates can learn knowledge in peacebuilding.
Have a look at the 2018 Peace Summit Video
Benefits for students:
- Opportunity to initiate peace building efforts as a Humanitarian Affairs Peace Ambassador for a period of up to 1-year.
- Network with like-minded individuals who are passionate about Peace.
- Add to their social impact experiences and enhanced their global citizenship education.
For more information about the summit, speakers and registration, please refer to the attached brochure and click here for the post event report of the previous summit.
Pre-requisites for delegates:
- Applicants should be between the ages of 17-35 years old.
- They should be passionate about social change, global issues and current affairs.
- A self-initiated 1-year opportunity to promote peace as a Humanitarian Affairs Peace Ambassador.
You can help your students in any of the following ways:
- Nominate and fully fund outstanding students to attend the Peace Summit.
- Nominate and provide partial financial support to student leaders to attend the Peace Summit.
- Promote the Peace Summit to all students and allow us to do the selection process. Interested students could write in to us for ideas on self-funding to support their participation at the summit.
Toda la información AQUI (ACCCESO LIMITADO A USUARIOS UCM, PARA CONSULTAR NAVEGAR IDENTIFICADO CON PERFIL UCM)
Todas las noticias »